Monday, December 24, 2012

a few new Christmas decorations.

I made a few new Christmas decorations for our home this year!


I first saw this idea on Pinterest, but have since seen it all over the place. I used this tutorial as a guide, but didn't do my painting the same. It was pretty easy and cheap to make (using coupons at Michaels), but I had trouble with using just hot glue to attach the letters on the back, like the tutorial instructs. It currently is hanging somewhat precariously on the wall behind my front door and I'm planning to try and secure the letters together with small brackets after the holiday season.


 
 
 
I'm really loving my new clothespin wreath! I used this tutorial as a guide and was able to make it using materials I had in my home already--so it was free. I love free. I didn't have enough clothespins that were all the same size, but I really love that it breaks up the edge of the wreath. I am planning to cover the back side of the clothespins with paper for another season, but I'm not sure what yet. The author of the tutorial did Valentines Day, which would be fun, but I might like to do something that I can use longer, like a spring or summer theme.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment