Tuesday, April 16, 2013

a covered ottoman.

I've benefited so much from a number of kind people who have taken the time to post detailed tutorials on their blogs and websites. This post shows a project I did for our house using a great tutorial I found via Pinterest.


 
 
A friend had told me about this tutorial she had found and as soon as I saw it, I decided it would be perfect to try for the ottoman in our living room that had recently torn and needed a cover. Before I put time and money into picking out fabric for the living room ottoman, I decided to make a practice one using materials I had on hand.
 
Lest you think I'm something I'm not, I think this is the first time I've ever had the foresight (or motivation) to make a practice version of any project I've made. 
 
 
 
 
I love that when people see this ottoman in person, they have no idea that it is actually a crate and old cushion. I keep my journal and the books I read daily tucked underneath--the perfect hiding spot!
 
I found the tutorial helpful and instructive, although there were a few changes that I made in order to get the cover to look like I wanted it to. If you decide to ever make your own, just take your time making the corners, clipping off and hemming the fabric carefully. Measure twice, cut once. :c)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment