Wednesday, May 14, 2014

a car seat cover.

One of the first things that I made for my new little one was a car seat cover. I had seen a few tutorials on Pinterest and the concept didn't seem too hard, so I jumped right in.
 
I used this tutorial on Sew Dang Cute Crafts to make the basic cover. I didn't make a window in mine, but after using the final product for a couple of months now, I think I might go back and add a little window--it would be nice to be able to peek in and see the baby quickly without waking her. 
 
 
I made the cover and straps before I had my car seat at home to work with, so I didn't know if my cover would fit very well! Thankfully I only had to fold up and sew the corners of the cover so that they wouldn't drag on the ground--otherwise the cover fits really well. At first I was concerned that it looks funny with the corners this way, but the look has grown on me and I've decided to leave them as such so that if we have a different car seat with any future kiddos I can adjust the cover to fit by ripping out the stitching.

 

I also waited to attach the straps to the cover until I had my car seat so I could adjust their positioning to work for me, rather than using the measurements that were recommended in the tutorial I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment