Tuesday, May 13, 2014

a new hamper for a new baby.

I'm a little late in posting the things I made for baby Abby while I was pregnant, but better late than never!

I found this $8 hamper at Ikea and decided that I could easily make a cover for it to match the nursery.


I debated whether I should use the existing liner in my design or not, but after lots of consideration, I decided not to. I wanted a cover that I could toss in the washing machine occasionally and I'm not sure that the plastic would wash well (at all?). Instead, I carefully removed the liner from the bars and used it to make measurements for my own cover.



 
 
I used a dark denim tablecloth that my sister gave me a few years ago and some Velcro I already had in my sewing stash leftover from another project, so this project was really cheap--only $8 for the original hamper! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment